Breaking

5.01.2022

MIND ERASURE interview: "That was the most important for me, to create feeling along with being raw at the same time within the same song." - Vasilis


1) Before we start, I want to know how the pandemic has been for the past two years. Were you able to handle it well?

Lampros: It was difficult but I know people that there were in worst situation than me. Almost jailed in their houses for several months.
Vasilis: It was not easy, we didn’t know how long it would go on for… It brought back any plans we had bandwise but also in our personal lives. On the other hand lot’s of masks fell, people brought out their real selves.

2) I was very pleased and happy to know your music with "Azrael"! Awesome song and video clip! Talk about how it all started and how you managed to reach this very high level of quality in composing and performing, and of course, I would like to know your musical education.

Lampros: It was team work and try to improve every aspect of our work.
Vasilis: Thank you for the kind words. As a first album we took our time to work on the material until we all were satisfied. The pre-production is very important in order to see how the songs are going to sound in the end. You have to go with your instinct on what sounds good to you and how it flows.


3) Your music is true and full of feelings. How are you inspired about this?

Lampros: I can be inspired by many thinks, books, movies, society and history. And this is reflecting to our music and lyrics.
Vasilis: That was the most important for me, to create feeling along with being raw at the same time within the same song. That’s another reason I didn’t want to have only blast beats and double bass drumming. The more multidimensional everything is, the more interested sound’s to me.

4) You have also released your new album "Connive". Are you going to release another full album with Mind Erasure?

Lampros: yes we already working on new material.
Vasilis: As soon as the new material is ready we’ll release it. We have a new guitar player and I’m very exited how it’s gonna come out.

5) What seems to be your biggest difficulty about music? The most difficult thing to express your feelings?

Lampros: I do not have difficulties like this, when something is not working or I cannot get a good result, I know that I have to take a small brake, recharge and get back to work. 
Vasilis: As long as you just go with your feelings, and keep what you think is your best at the time, it’s real and it’s not difficult to me. If you like it,you keep it, you don’t, throw it and move on.

6) You are a band with a unique death-black style. Do you think that some fans will be prejudiced on this?

Lampros: I really do not care, if people like our music that would be awesome, am not trying to be famous, I make music that I enjoy! Some people might like it some people will not.
Vasilis: We are not doing anything totally new let’s be honest. We just try to blend our influences together and be happy with what we hear ourselves. I listen to the record all the time. For that is a small success.

7) More unique death-black bands are joining the scene every year. What makes Mind Erasure more unique from the others?

Lampros: music is progressing, changing, I guess that every band’s purpose is to be unique, we do it in our way, I cannot tell if there is something special on it.
Vasilis: Like I said, because of the different styles we listen as normal fans, we put many different thing together, not only Tampa DM, or Norwegian BM, or Greek BM. But a blend of what we like and being listening through the years.

8) Did the choice of the line-up happened naturally or were you looking for something particular? How did you select your band mates?

Lampros: We started as a group of friends, but during the years there was several line up changes, the members that remained where the people that we have similar ideas, purpose and will to make music.
Vasilis: Now-days it becomes more and more difficult to find the right members because it’s not only how good musician someone can be. In a band like Mind Erasure that isn’t a band that we’re not making a living out of it, it’s even more complicated. You have to like what you do and give your best. Not everybody is willing to do it. 

9) Which bands and musicians have influenced your personally?

Lampros: For me I thing Rotting Christ, Behemoth, Amon Amarth.
Vasilis: I’ve been in different phases through the years. I started with all the big classic bands, then power metal came into the game and progressive metal. Then I got into Black and Death metal which I listen to the most nowadays.

10) What will be the next plans? Ιn the coming months will we have a lot of news?

Lampros: As I wrote above we are working on new material.

11) We’re done, thank you very much for your attention and the opportunity. Would you like to leave a final message?

Lampros: Thank you for having us, support your locals.
Vasilis: Thanks for having us, our pleasure. Take care and hopefully we’re going to talk again for the next album.

Minderasure(at)hotmail.com 

sw

No comments:

Post a Comment