Breaking

5.09.2022

Gia G interview: "...I try to make sure the songs are always taking me to next level..."


Hello Gia! I hope you are really fine! Do you have the same fire for music now as you did when you started playing?

Hello, I am good :) . Yes and no, sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t due to the whole industry.

How does the creative process work in Gia G?

I write all the compositions and songs. I have drummer Mark George and bass player Paul Engle do their parts.

Your new video for "Reminiscing” was a nice surprise! Are you planning another video to be out soon?

Thank you so much! No, I was thinking of doing the 3rd song, Intricate Fusion, but decided not to, as its to many videos for a 3 song EP. The EP has done amazing and the videos. Biggest release ever.


Do you treat the writing process like a full-time job, or do you have a different method? 

Well I try to make sure the songs are always taking me to next level, or reaching the next note, yes I do take it like full time job, you have to put music out there that’s great and it stays there, including the videos, and these are things people judge you on, either good or bad and I'm never going to make everyone happy with anything I release.

Do you find writing easy and natural or is it a process you have to break down technically?

Depends on my mood, I notice when I step away, the ideas just flow, but generally, writing has always been one of my strong points, I've always been creative, I mean I hit dry points to and do have to break things down to but on a percentage level, that only happens like 5 to 10 percent of the time, 90 to 95 percent it flows .

Do you hear the other parts, instruments, of the song when you are writing?

Yes I do, I hear the drums, keys, pianos, back up guitar parts, octaves, harmonies, vocals too when it's a vocal song, violin act.


What inspires you to write music?

Not sure, just comes the desire to create, to sit down and play the instruments and see what flows, it's hard to explain. 

How would you think you would have sounded if you were a band in the 70s? 

Ah. Maybe even more feel and groove and I think it would have been much funnier and I probably would have been much bigger (lol), and would have got payed actually (lol).

Are there any new artists (not necessary musicians) that you find interesting today ?

In music, Adele. I like her new song and some of her others, Christina Perri's song A Thousand Years, I loved, I don’t really find anything interesting in today's music to be honest. Outside of music, yes.

Why do you think people play music today?

Why, well it's a great form of therapy and makes you feel balanced, that’s why I do it and I enjoy playing, it makes your mind or keeps your mind sharp. Again this is my experiences I can’t say that about others, but others maybe do it purely for attention, especially with the internet to make videos of some one shredding 1 million notes and covering it up with backing tracks and making one sound much better then they actually are, you can do so much on videos and recordings today to make people sound flawless, they post these videos up and if it's a female you look super hot, you get millions of views and attention hence. I think a lot do it for that reason to.

Thank you for taking the time about this unique interview! Keep it up!

Your very welcome, thank you for the interview. :) xoxo


sw

No comments:

Post a Comment