Breaking

5.09.2022

Eduard Banulescu interview: "I like to write songs spontaneously. This way, the feelings are raw and honest."


1) Before we start, I want to know how the pandemic has been for the past few months. Were you able to handle it well?

Thanks for having me! I’ve been hiding out in North Africa, learning about Gnawa music. The pandemic has been scary, but nothing like the war. Expecting an alien invasion any day now.

2) I was very pleased and happy to know your music with "Little Bit"! Awesome song and lyrics! Talk about how it all started and how you managed to reach this very high level of quality in composing and performing, and of course, I would like to know your musical education.

Thanks for checking out the song! I recorded it all while sitting in my bed and getting ready to pack my bags. True story. I like to write songs spontaneously. This way, the feelings are raw and honest. The song is about war. It’s a topic that, sadly, has preoccupied everyone recently.
 

3) Your music is true and full of feelings. How are you inspired about this?

Thanks! Took me a long time to learn to be honest. I’m a pathologic liar. I figure that if the subject matter makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, I might be on to something. But, I learn what many songs mean, months after I’ve written them. It’s like cheap psychoanalysis. 
 
4) You have also released another single. Are you going to release a full album as Eduard Banulescu?

There’ll be two EPs this year, unless somebody cares to stop me. The first is titled Bontida, the name of a town in Transylvania, Romania. The second is titled Berlin, the name of a village in Eastern France.

5) What seems to be your biggest difficulty about music? The most difficult thing to express your feelings?

I’m Ok with working with feelings. It’s the singing and shouting in tune that takes a lot of work. 

6) You are an artist with a unique rock style. Do you think that some fans will be prejudiced on this?

It would certainly be easier to learn to copy someone famous. Spotify algorithms would love that. 
Don’t feel like I have much of a choice though. It’s not like I can start making Smokie Robinson records. I’m stuck with me!

7) More unique rock artists are joining the scene every year. What makes Eduard Banulescu more unique from the others?

I use a supercomputer to help me write songs. It’s cutting-edge AI stuff. Besides this, I’ve been told that I have a great beard.

8) Did the choice of the line-up happened naturally or were you looking for something particular? How did you select your band mates?

Easy! I picked myself and got to boss myself around into playing whatever I wanted. Sweet deal! 


9) Which bands and musicians have influenced your personally?

Syd Barrett, North African music, and 80s hair-metal ballads.

10) What will be the next plans? Ιn the coming months will we have a lot of news?

I’ll be releasing a lot of new music, doing a bunch of live streams, and robbing boozers in the South of Romania. 

11) We’re done, thank you very much for your attention and the opportunity. Would you like to leave a final message?

Yes, buy my virtual records, read Alt77 and help support independent music in 2022. Oh, and SlayeR Rulez!

No comments:

Post a Comment