Breaking

12.20.2021

Nyxborn interview: "I always focus on the music first. When I find something that gets me excited I go with that."


1. Welcome! Congratulations for the release of your third album “Δαιμονολόγιο (Demonologio)”. What was your inspiration to make the album?

Greetings and thank you! This is a philosophical album with metaphors and modern parallelisms of propaganda as the album is inspired by Demonology, the oldest form of propaganda, which was used in past times and nowadays still, to portray an enemy as repulsive and generally evil.

2. What is the metal scene in Greece like these days? Which metal styles have more dynamics and fans? Can you recommend some bands?

I think it’s better than ever. I’d say the most popular style is stoner rock in Greece and our black metal scene is one of the best in the world. I would recommend Sacral Rage and Mystras, a one man black metal project.

3. Is it your choice to keep Nyxborn one man band or just a necessary solution because you can’t find the right members for the band?

I guess it’s the second one. I haven’t given it much of a try as of late.


4. Where did you record the album and who produced, mixed and mastered it?

It’s a home recording actually, produced, mixed and mastered by myself.

5. You play blackened heavy metal. Please name 5 black metal and 5 heavy metal albums that have influenced Nyxborn.

Hm.. I would say Iron Maiden - Powerslave, Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Fates Warning - The Spectre Within, Judas Priest - Painkiller, Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings, Candlemass - Nightfall, Burzum - Burzum, Bathory - Blood Fire Death, Rotting Christ - AEAΛΟ and Death - Symbolic (a death metal album but anyways).

6. You did a cover on “Sign of the Wolf” by Pentagram (USA). Why did you choose this band and the particular song?

I think it fits the album theme, it brings a needed attitude and immediacy in closing the album and I always wanted to bring to the surface the heavy metal vibe this song has.

7. You also used in the album an old Greek rebetico song and adapted it to fit your style. What was the reason for this? And did the fans embrace this song?

It just clicked, you know. One day I heard the intro and I thought “wow that's some atmospheric black metal vibes right there” and I decided to give it a try. It’s a historic song that’s been sung by some great performers, so it was a challenge for me to not fail miserably haha. I think it draws the most attention because it’s something unusual and yes, I think people like it a lot!

8. What do you have in mind when composing a song? Do you focus on the music or the lyrics?

I always focus on the music first. When I find something that gets me excited I go with that. It’s something that comes from the subconscious, I don’t think of anything. 

9. Which are your future plans for Nyxborn?

I’d like to form a live band and play some lives, make a new album I guess and then we go from there…

10. What is the progress Nyxborn made with Δαιμονολόγιο (Demonologio)?

I've worked a lot on this album. I think it’s our best album definitely in terms of production. It’s more straight forward than the previous ones in terms of song duration and I believe that it will make a difference for Nyxborn.

11. What are your contact ways and how can we order the album? Good luck with the band! Thank you for the interview!

You can contact Nyxborn on fb
Δαιμονολόγιο (Demonologio) is available on spotify and all streaming platforms
The album is available digitally on bandcamp

Thanks for having me! 

The Night beckons…


sw

No comments:

Post a Comment