Breaking

11.18.2021

Alvarez interview: "...mid tempo death-metal and other metal-styles on each album. It is ALVAREZMETAL !!!"


1)    Welcome guys! How things are going about Alvarez?

Hello to all metalheads in Hungary! Things are going great for our band! The only problem at the moment is this virus. I am not willing to play concerts in this horrible worldwide chaos. Hope to put these bad times quickly behind us. People must live free again like it was before.

2)    Are you satisfied about the feedback for your last album "Digitaria”?

Hmm, a lot of amazing feedback for the album. I am satisfied with how things are running.

3)     After releasing your second album you show that you are a really promising doom-death band! Are there any plans for another full album in the near future?

Yes, we will release the new album Moonshinewhores shometimes in 2022. I would not say that we are limited to a doom-death band. There is also mid tempo death-metal and other metal-styles on each album. It is ALVAREZMETAL !!!

4)    How can you describe your sound?

Not easy to say. We try to take melodies and sadness in the songs as well as aggression and heaviness. Each song is different from the other but together one Alvarezmetal style.


5)    What are your musical idols?

My first LP was Black Sabbath PARANOID. I was 5 years old. It was 1973. I love the old Sabbath albums till today. As a bass guitar player my idol is Geezer Butler. As a singer I love Ronnie James Dio and Bruce Dickinson. My own singing is more melodic growling. I can not sing like my heroes haha….! My natural voice is deep. There are a lot of bands in different metal styles I really love.

6)    Tell us a few words and special moments about the recordings of your stuff!

Not much to say about the recordings. I love to have a few magical moments if we record the music. Some songs have this wow effect if you listen to them. Some are just ok. But it depends who listens to it. My wow songs do not necessarily have to be the wow songs for others.

7)    What is your opinion about the use of internet? Is this helpful about the bands or they are just being lost into a sea of information?

I did not like the internet at all! It makes us sick and a lot of people live just in a virtual reality. I remember times where there was no internet at all. It was the golden time for me. It was also the golden era of metal music. Every information came from the paper mags and that was magical. Today every band and label needs the internet for promoting their stuff. I have to play this game too. Modern times!


8)    Any live plans for the band?

There are plans for a USA tour with some of the Plague Demon Records bands and also a UK tour with them. Some concerts and festivals in the rest of Europe too. But I am not willing to play live concerts in this chaos of a pandemic!

9)    What is your biggest dream about Alvarez?

A strong question! Hmm, … that some people out there listen to ALVAREZ and have a good time with it.

10)    How did you get started with music? Any special musical studies?

I had a bass guitar teacher and also some books with Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden bass lines. I tried to learn from experiences of other musicians or producers.

11)    What do you think about the Austrian metal scene? Are there any new bands that you love?

I did not know any new Austrian metal bands. Maybe there are some good new Austrian metal bands out there. If yes, I wish them well!

12)    Congrats and good luck about your work, guys! The last words are yours.

I remember a concert I played in Budapest 1998 as the opener for Moonspell and Therion. It was one of my favorite gigs.

Thank you for the interview and greetings to all metalheads from Hungary!

Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment