Breaking

8.30.2021

HOT SUNDAY BLOOD interview: "What we aim to do onstage is simply to do our best, in the best way possible." - Αndrea


1) Αndrea, I hope you are really fine. What is the least expected first question you might hear? 

"How tall are you?" Lol, just kidding… I would not expect as a first question "How much have you earned with music?"

2) Most people think of you as a rock-metal persona…you have a great rock image and unique style, but how do you see yourself?

Well, honestly, I like to be noticed…
I can't say that I see myself as a rock star, but what I aim with my style is to be different and unique. 

3) Is there a big difference between your public image and the real person?

No, not really. What you see is what I am. At least this is what I think… maybe you should ask my bandmates to be sure!? 

4) Νo rock star seems similar to you. So, who did you model yourself on?

Well, I just dress as I like, that's all. As far as the way I move onstage, my role model would be surely Phil Anselmo. 

5) You use this rock trick, but also some gentle and sensitive vocals…generally a unique singer. Who were your biggest influences, and do you believe that you would sound really different outside of Hot Sunday Blood concept? I really think that you could easily be a perfect pop vocalist, too!

First of all, thank you for the compliments! 
I like to work on different projects, and I did sing in other bands with, in fact, a quite different outcome. As for my influences, vocally speaking I pick from metal like Phil Anselmo, or rock like Marilyn Manson, to pop. 


6) You seem that you enjoy Hot Sunday Blood band but if you were to cover any other songs, what would it be?

We've only covered Queen's "Tie your mother down" so far. To be honest I'd love to work on "Red water" from Type 0 Negative (but who can reach his voice?!?) or "Children of the grave" from Black Sabbath. 

7) What’s your normal day like, outside of music?

I do have a "normal" job that keeps me busy and also pays the rent! Lol 
I wish my life was all about music, you know? Btw I also like to work out, it keeps me in shape, not only physically. 

8) One of my favorite songs on your new album is the video clip for “The Long Winter's Embrace" and you look really awesome on this. So tell us about that one as well!

Thank you again, I appreciate! I love the song, I find it stylish yet direct at the same time. It's a good mixture of our musical shades. We loved the idea, talking about depression, of showing our alter ego and to do it in a very dark room. It created a nice atmosphere, I guess. 

9) Tell us about the lineup of your band these days. All of the guys have been with you for a long time now, right?

Yes, the actual lineup is being like this for the past three years, since 2018. We've finally reached the right group after a few up and downs during the years. 


10) And what can fans expect in terms of set list and performance from you?

Energy. What we aim to do onstage is simply to do our best, in the best way possible. We interact with our fans and want every one of them to have fun and enjoy. 

11) Andrea, it’s been a pleasure talking to you. All the best with the new album and the band. And let’s keep in touch!

Pleasure is all mine, thank you!


sw

No comments:

Post a Comment