Breaking

6.02.2022

DEAD SIDEWALKERS: Ahead (23 Μay 2022, self-release)


Punk. That’s it. One word can describe the whole style of Dead Sidewalkers and the sound of their debut album, “Ahead”. Just punk. Fast paced, exciting and vibrant punk from the first minute of the first song until the very last second.

This first paragraph pretty much sums up my whole experience with the “Ahead”. I had no clue what to expect, since this is their debut, and then a punk riff came on, I thought “oh, so this is a punk album?” and it was. It was a fun, energetic punk album that I absolutely enjoyed.

Just to be clear, I don’t say that the album is only punk because there is lack of inspiration and creativity. This is not true. The reason that this is just punk is because the Dead Sidewalkers absolutely own this genre and they can travel through its many branches with ease. Or, at least, most of them. Anyway, the point remains and the point is that in the “Ahead” you can find from the repetitive habits of the post punk to the uplifting and brighter riffs and melodies of the pop-punk sound and everything in between. 


In the “Ahead” there is everything for everyone. For example, there is the song “Greenwhite Wolf" that combines the punk attitude and style with the surf rock sound into a wonderful song that is absolutely catchy. 

The “Ahead” has been one of the most enjoyable and fun records I’ve listened to lately and my go to choice every time I need a sip of punk. The Dead Sidewalker’s debut deserves your attention and your listening time, without a doubt.


1. Cut and dried
2. What's wrong
3. Pathfinder
4. Watchmen
5. Drive ahead
6.Touch my mind
7. Walk and hope
8. Last bullet
9. Greenwhite wolf
10. Black tattoo girl


sw

No comments:

Post a Comment