Breaking

2.03.2022

BLACK ALTAR interview: "There will be always haters, so it’s better to focus on your work and what you want to achieve and don’t care about them."

1) Hello guys!  Congrats for your new single “Sacrilegious Congregation”. Really refreshing sound! How are you?

Hi! Thank you very much. I have a Covid now but generally I’m fine, thank you. 

2) Tell us a few words about the recordings of your last split album. When and where?

Recordings took place around June 2021 in different locations, remotely. Erik from Mork recorded his guitar parts in Norway, James from Vader recorded his drums parts in Poland, vocals were recorded by me in England, guitars of Enshadowed’s Necro in Greece. He was also a sound engineer and did mix and mastering. 

3) How can you describe your sound?

Well, it’s high-quality, quite heavy sound for sure but not too polished. I try to have a proper balance between more polished and raw sound. 

4) Are there any plans for another full album in the near future?

Yes, new album is almost composed for some time already but before we will record it, we must prepare the songs for a few splits still. So, it will take some time. Anyway, it’s high time for the new album because the last one was released 13 years ago. 

5) Any plans for live performances?

Black Altar has never played any gigs in its 26 years history, yet. I rejected all offers till now but finally I decided to play live. I have a new line-up featuring ex guitarist of Behemoth and we are starting rehearsing. 

6) Do you have any other musical projects, or you feel really dedicated about your band?

I have my solo project Kriegsgott which finished it’s activity and another one called RAUS! which is industrial black metal. I don’t know if anything more will be released under this banner. I rather prefer to focus only on Black Altar for now. 

7) What do you enjoy most? Recordings or stage and why?

As I wrote before, I didn’t play any gigs yet in my life so I don’t know but both options sound exciting to me. 

8) What is your opinion about the whole situation in the world today? Are you happy?

Well, there are always good and bad things in the world but recently everything goes in even much worse direction. Covid pandemic, big restrictions everywhere, economic crisis etc. In my opinion it doesn’t seem that it will be better in the upcoming years, quite opposite I’m afraid.  

9) What are your future plans about the band? Are you going to keep a steady line up or you will follow the idea of a project?

Yes, of course, I want to keep a steady line-up and start playing gigs in 2023. The nearest plans are to record the songs for the split with 2 cult bands but I can’t mention the names yet. Maybe for another split as well and finally start to record the new album. 

10) Do you believe in God?

I don’t believe in God described by Christianity - an old man with a stick, but I know that there is some kind of the Higher Intelligence that keeps everything in proper order.  I believe that our life does not end here and that our energy still goes on in the astral world when we die.

11) Are you angry with prejudiced people judging your music?

Of course I prefer when people like what I do but there were always people who didn’t, so I prefer to focus on those who like my music and art. There will be always haters, so it’s better to focus on your work and what you want to achieve and don’t care about them. 


12) But we really like your work! The last words are yours…

Thank you very much for your interest in my band. Check the upcoming split with Vulture Lord and the previous releases if you don’t know them. Horns Up!


sw

No comments:

Post a Comment