Breaking

8.23.2021

Brian Dalton interview: "As long as I’m creating the music I love, I’ll be happy with it."


Who is Brian? Tell us few things about you!

I’m stoked for the interview and I very much appreciate your time! I’m a singer/songwriter from Missouri, USA and have been into music ever since I can remember. I started playing music as a teenager and I think my passion for it has only grown as time has passed.

What made you want to become a musician?

I’d say the majority of my family are the ones who got me into the actual performing of music from an early age. My mom always performed when I was growing up and music was just really important to everyone. Once I reached high school I had a group of friends that only fueled the desire further as we all started learning instruments and planning our lives as rockstars. 

Describe your creative process!

It depends on the song style. Sometimes it comes from an acoustic riff or a melody. Mostly the music is a process between my producer and myself with a lot of back and forth’s. Once we have the majority of the music where we want it, I’ll start working on the vocal melody/lyrics and then we’ll fine-tune everything at the time of recording.

Have you recorded any previous CDs or posted any audio files on the Internet?

I have recorded several songs! Here’s my discography:
a. December 2014 - “Dalton: The Fall” ep
b. January 2018 - “Drown” single
c. July 2019 - “The Choice” single
d. March 2020 - “The Follower” single
e. July 2020 - “Games” single
f. August 2020 - “Rise” single
g. September 2020 - “Love These Scars” single
h. October 2020 - “State Of Emergency” single
i. November 2020 - “Weightless” single
j. April 2021 - “Love These Scars (Stripped)” single
k. July 2021 - Last Chance - “Unleashed! (featuring Brian Dalton)”

Pick one song that was your greatest challenge to write. Tell us about it!

“Love These Scars” was certainly the most challenging emotionally. I had originally written it for my sister to try to help her get through a tough time. Shortly after, I developed severe anxiety and rewrote the verses of the song to help me get through my situation. So we kind of share “Love These Scars”, and in that way it’s one of my favorites. 

Do you have any hobbies or interests outside of music?

I love to go to the gym. It’s almost as healing as writing music is to me and extremely necessary for me to keep my sanity. I also love to travel and experience new places/people. There’s so much to see and experience in this world.

Which instrument is your favourite to play and why?

Outside of singing, my favorite instrument to play is definitely the guitar. Honestly, it feels like a part of me when I play. It’s so easy to get lost in it and I love it for that.

Who's your ideal musician to collaborate with and why?

I love to create with open-minded, humble musicians/producers. I can’t stand conceit and I won’t work with anyone who has it as a personality trait. I think it stifles the creative process and becomes less about what’s best for the song, but more about what’s best for the ego.

What are your long-term career goals?

My longterm goals are to get signed and payback the ones who have sacrificed so much to get me where I am. As long as I’m creating the music I love, I’ll be happy with it.

What's coming up in the future?

I’m currently being pitched to multiple record labels and about to release a documentary and several new singles once I choose with which I want to sign. I’m extremely grateful for this and plan to tour shortly after.

Tell us where fans can access your music?

Fans can access my music on any major music platforms or by using any of the following links!
www.youtube.com/c/briandaltonmusic
www.facebook.com/briandaltonmusic
www.instagram.com/brian_dalton_music
www.briandaltonmusic.com

sw

No comments:

Post a Comment