Breaking

7.15.2021

Interview with FOIVOS: "I get inspired by literally anything. This is actually the beauty of inspiration."


What made you want to become a musician?

Music has been in my life, since I was born, as my family involved with music either professionally or as a hobby. It was inevitable for me not to get involved in some way. It first started as a hobby, but quickly evolved to be the thing I wanted to do in my daily life professionally.

What is it about music that makes you feel passionate?

Any kind of art, has a way for the artist, to free him, from any emotions or feelings he has. That has been a very liberating thing for me, to find one more way, than just talk, to express anything that I have in mind. I’m very grateful that music gave me this chance.

If you didn't become a musician, what would you be doing right now?

I can’t think not being a musician, but if I had to choose something, it would be something regarding animals.


Which instrument is your favorite to play and why?

I also play the piano and little bit the bass ,but  the guitar was and is my main instrument. I don’t know why exactly, but I know that when I first played the guitar, my whole world changed. That’s a good reason I guess, to continue doing that.

Tell me about your favorite performance in your career.

One of my favorite performances is when I played in the Peace and Friendship stadium in Athens - Greece, with a full orchestra. The vibe and the power of that night was magical.

What accomplishments do you see yourself achieving in the next five to 10 years?

I wouldn’t call them accomplishments, but I want to remain healthy and happy in my life. All of the other, are of secondary importance. One or two full albums, would also be great..

Describe your sound.

I remember John Petrucci saying for one album Dream Theater recorded, that he wanted his sound to be like a three- floor chocolate cake, with melted chocolate in between. Couldn’t describe it better. Just huge and sweet.

Now tell us few words for your new release.

The idea was, to release one song, as a single, around three years ago. During that time, more songs came alive and ended up, with six songs so I decided to release an E.P instead. It contains five original songs and one cover song. I’m very proud of the result and grateful to all the people that got involved in the process. It’s an instrumental album, but I tried to play the guitar in a way that substitutes the vocalist. Didn’t want to just start playing constant meaningful solos. The concept was, to create beautiful songs and then add the melodies, to complete them.


Is there a hidden meaning in any of your music?

There’s a hidden frequency in Schumann Resonance that plays through the whole song that can’t be heard. It’s just there.

Do you have any other plans relating to this release? A new Video? Online shows? Concerts to promote your music?

Obviously performing live is the main plan. I have a video for each song, that will be released one by one. And also there is the idea of playing online, but later this year.

Who are you inspired by?

I get inspired by literally anything. This is actually the beauty of inspiration. It can be a dog that comes to me, waving his tail. It can also be a sound I heard outside of my house that got my attention.

What social issues are you most passionate about?

Equality, climate change, civil rights and racial discrimination, poverty. Unfortunately, there are so many issues that have to be resolved. We just have to keep trying and keep an optimistic mind and by taking some baby steps, we will eventually reach the point of eliminating them.

Thank you, for your time and for the chance you gave me to say a bit about myself and the release of my new E.P.


sw

No comments:

Post a Comment