Breaking

7.26.2020

Bloody Sadism: "I always wanted to do something new..." - Pooyan Ahmadi


The Iranian Bloody Sadism is a one-man band founded by Pooyan Ahmadi. The debut album "Eloquent Atrocity" was released in 2019.  Let's get to know with this versatile musician!

Bloody Sadism is a one-man band. Why did you decide to make music alone? Have you ever thought of gathering more members to this project? 

I rather to be alone and do everything by myself . Also I like to have my own territory without any comrade. I don't like to change my opinion in many different issues. You know, I believe in my lyrics themes and I think if you don't like the lyrics and the basics, you won't enjoy the music. Maybe I'll be forced to invite musicians for live shows but I like to be alone for the shows either.

Before Bloody Sadism's debut album "Eloquent Atrocity" was released you had worked with several bands in different genres and you still collaborate with some other bands. What path led you to your own style?

I think that collaboration with different artists helps you to be stronger and maybe you can learn various things when you are working in a band. I mean anything... For Example how to manage a band, behaviour, new technics and other things.
I always wanted to do something new and when I saw many artists (fake one or original) are singing about love, I decided not to follow the old rules so I sing about what I really like.
The main path was Pure feelings and the real ideas about the subjects.

The album "Eloquent Atrocity" was released by the Spanish Base Record Production. How did you meet them?

I was looking for label and BRP was one of the labels who liked my stuff so I signed with them.

Listening to "Eloquent Atrocity", it seems to be a concept album and the intro and the outro are like the beginning and the ending of a very bloody story, in which the person gains some kind of freedom (bird chirping), but it is not a really happy ending (heavy rain, thunder). Please, tell something about the story! What gave the idea to you to write such a story?

It's really good to hear it from you that you've got the incipient story. It's about a psychopath (serial killer or whatever you like to call it) who is living all alone.
First track as you've listened he goes to bathroom and after that the brutality begins. All of the tracks, i mean second track to the end of seventh track are about his ideas and what he did to the people (in his mind) and from track eight, he's going to be changed and track nine is about the regret and depression about bad things he did and ideas. Then he dies in the last track

I think, your music is more expressive with using different sound effects. As for me, I can visualize the songs and such films pop in my mind as Ichi The Killer, Hostel... Are there any horror films that inspired your lyrics?

It is very good that you are understanding these kinds of things my friend. You know, sometimes you can't say all of your Intentions by the words so you should to use the sound effects for your listeners to say what you exactly want and effects help you to change the sequences. For example track five (Pregnant Cunt) begins from the end of story and it's different and special. You can visualize each song as a horror movie.


Are you planning to do Bloody Sadism live performances after this pandemic craziness? If yes, how will you be able to accomplish it?

I've been invited to play in a festival in Turkey before all of the world be screwed up but it Canceled. Let see what will happened next month... I can't say the exact future.

We did an interview with another Iranian band some months ago. The members were arrested and were imprisoned because of their lyrics. How about you? Have you ever had any trouble with the Iranian authorities?

No... I'm not against the law and I'm not interested in other bands (except my own bands)
while it's my turn to talk. Everybody should save themselves by themselves. I don't care what happened to anybody.

I think, it is good to know that you have another one-man band called Depreciation that shows a different musical concept. Why did you decide to create this project? What is your plan with it? 

Depreciation has different style and it's a kind of rough music that I like and It can't be compared with Bloody Sadism. I decided to the sing about Anti Society, Hate and some stuff by the another way. I've recorded the first album and It will be released in 2020 or maybe in 2021.

Which project do you consider more important?

All of my projects are Important

Since you do everything in your projects, I would ask, have you studied music or you are a self-taught musician?

I'm self-taught Musician and I went to Music institute many years ago but I've learned the main things by myself. I'm educated and I have Bachelor of Civil Engineering and I'm a master Student of English Teaching (Self-Taught and Accepted the university's Exam)

How could you describe the Iranian underground scene? Can you live off of making music or you have a job? Have you thought of build your career in another country?

There is no official scene and we can't earn money of music. I'm a business man and I'm a part time Guitar master. Maybe I build my career in another country.

Thank you for your time!

It was my pleasure.

Bloody Sadism:
https://www.facebook.com/bloodysadism/
https://bloodysadism.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/bloodysadism

Hungarian version!

No comments:

Post a Comment